These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer contracts with the Company upon behalf of the hirer and as an agent for all passengers travelling upon the vehicle. The hirer expressly warrants that he has the full authority of all passengers to enter into this contract upon their behalf and to accept these Conditions of Hire. The hirer shall indemnify the company against any loss, claim damage, award or settlement which may be made against the company in excess of the exclusions and limitations of liability contained in the Conditions of Hire as a consequence of any lack of authority upon the part of the hirer to enter into this contract.
1. USE OF VEHICLE Unless confirmed in writing by the Company the vehicle should not be assumed to remain at any point between the outward and return journeys nor to remain available for the Hirers incidental use when parked at such points.
2. DRIVERS HOURS AND REST PERIOD REGULATIONS The hours agreed with the Operator for the operation of any hire must be strictly observed (other than in the case of serious emergency or diversion) so that current regulations governing drivers hours and rest periods can be adhered to. The operator reserves the right to curtail or otherwise alter any hire which does not comply with the relevant regulations.
3. SEATING CAPACITY The Hirer must not load any vehicle beyond the number of passengers which it is legally permitted to carry.
4. CONVEYANCE OF ANIMALS No animals (other than Guide Dogs notified to the company in advance) may be carried on any vehicle without prior written agreement of the Company.
5. CONFIRMATION Normally written confirmation by the Company is the only basis for the acceptance of a hiring or for a subsequent alteration to its terms.
6. PAYMENT Any requested deposit must be paid by the time stated and payment in full must be made before the start of the hire unless the Company has agreed in writing to a variation in this condition The Company reserves the right to add interest at the rate of 2% compound interest per calendar month after the date by which payment should have been made. The hirer shall be personally liable for the payment of all deposits and payments but in the event of failure by the hirer to discharge such deposits and/or payments the company reserves the right to claim the same from each passenger individually or collectively and each passenger shall remain jointly and severally liable for such payments.
7. CANCELLATION BY HIRER 0. Coach hire 10 days or more -
8. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY In the event of any emergency, riot, civil commotion, strike, lock out, stoppage or restraint of labour or on the happening of any event over which the Company has no control (including adverse weather and road conditions) or in the event of the Hirer taking any action to vary agreed conditions unilaterally, the company may by returning all money paid and without further or other liability cancel the contract.
9. ROUTE AND TIME VARIATION Should a vehicle be detained by the Hirer or taken on a longer journey than that contracted for, the Company reserves the right to make an additional charge commensurate with the costs Incurred. a. The vehicle will depart at times agreed with the hirer and the Company will not be liable for any loss or injury sustained by any passengers who fails to join a vehicle at the appointed time.
10. VEHICLE TO BE PROVIDED The Company reserve the right to substitute other vehicles (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hiring subject to such substitutes being of similar quality. a. Equipment within the coaches including radios, audio and video cassette players, microphone and public address systems, beverage facilities and toilet facilities) is provided at the discretion of the Company unless the quotation specifies that any such facilities will be available. Whilst every endeavour will be made to comply with the Hirers subsequent requests the Company cannot guarantee to meet any such requests.
11. BREAKDOWN AND DELAYS The company gives its advice on journey times in good faith and does not guarantee the completion of any journey in any specific time and will not be liable for loss or inconvenience caused by the actual journey time.
12. AGENCY ARRANGEMENTS Where the Company hires in vehicles from other operators at the request of the Hirer, and where the operator arranges ancillary facilities such as meals, accommodation, ferries, admission tickets or any other services provided by another supplier it does so as Agent for and on behalf of the hirer. Any terms and conditions imposed by such other suppliers through the company shall be binding on the Hirer as if he had directly contracted such services.
13. PASSENGERS PROPERTY All vehicles hired out by the operator are subject to restrictions as to their carrying capacity as imposed by statute. The hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers luggage and effects can be carried. a. The hirer agrees that in agreeing to carry the passengers luggage or effects the hirer does not carry the same as bailee but such luggage or effects remain at the sole risk of the passenger concerned and the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage of such baggage or effects of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused including negligence. b. Should notwithstanding the above it be held by any Court of law that the Company becomes a bailee of the luggage and effects then the Company’s liability for loss and damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused including negligence shall be limited to the sum of Â£50.00 per bag, case or package. c. The Company does not accept liability for any damage to or loss of any property left upon the vehicle by a passenger whether or not with the knowledge of the Company, it's servants or agents. All articles of lost property recovered from the vehicle will be held at the Company’s depot at which the vehicle is based.
14. CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passenger whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations may be removed from the vehicle or prevented from boarding on the driver s authority. The Hirer will be responsible for the conduct of passengers and for any damage caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hire. Where appropriate, the Hirer should acquaint themselves with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985 and current conditions of entry to race courses as laid down by the Race Course Association.
15. DAMAGE Any damage caused to the company's vehicles, or other property, by any passenger shall render the hirer liable for the cost of the rectification, replacement or substitution costs resulting from the damage caused. In addition the hirer may also be liable for any further administration costs, involved in any such rectification, replacement or substitution resulting from damage caused.
COACH HIRE CONDITIONS